Monday, June 2, 2008

A perfect start to being vegan...

...With what other than Fronch Toast, from VwaV! (Vegan with a Vengeance) Unfortunately, I had no cornstarch, AND none of the chickpea flour that is supposed to really light up these babies. I substituted normal all-purpose flour, and arrowroot powder, hoping that these alterations wouldn't matter. In my opinion, they didn't! The Fronch Toast was crunchy, yet moist, with pure maple syrup atop.

Here's my story:
I have been trying to be fully vegan for a few months now, with only one day out of those being 100% successful. My heart is totally into it, but apparently my mouth isn't. I just couldn't stop myself from my old habits of drinking milk from the carton, taking scoops of yogurt, or (goodness forbid) munching on fried chicken. For awhile I was just like, I'll be a vegan when I get so-and-so vitamins; I'll be a vegan when the time is right; but heck, I want to be a vegan NOW! And so I will be, starting this morning with my delectable breakfast.

I'm just going to get this post up and running now, so here are a few photos of some DELICIOUS vegan cupcakes, recipes courtesy of VCTOTW!

Vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting and dabs of light chocolate frosting

Red velvet cupcakes with pink tinted frosting (Sadly, not naturally dyed...)

German chocolate cupcakes, freakin' YUM!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Great personal story, and fabulous-looking cupcakes - welcome to the blogging world! :0)

urban vegan said...

Congratulations on your very wise decision...and what a way to start your new lifestyle with all those cupcakes!